RPT and the -a option

From: Joseph Thvedt <jthvedt_at_brookings.net>
Date: 1996/10/20

We're using RPT (yeah, I know... if we could dump it, we would) for client/server applications, and are finding the network performance to be abominable. I've tried the -a parameter, which sets the fetch array size, and it is faster but appears to be buggy. Sometimes the next row appears not to be fetched. Some of our reports end up with repeated data. For example, we might print several purchase orders, and the vendor occasionally gets held over from the previous P.O. when it shouldn't.

Our clients are DOS (yeah, I know...).

Thanks.

Joseph Thvedt
jthvedt_at_brookings.net

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." Jebediah Springfield a.k.a. Hans Sprungfeld

O- Received on Sun Oct 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message