OCI: using oracle's array-interface

From: Gert Rijs <gem_at_wirehub.net>
Date: 1996/10/19

[Quoted] Hi there,

[Quoted] I have an oci-program that executes a pl/sql block for thousands of records in a file. A simplified example of the pl/sql:

begin

   insert into tab values (:sum);
   :count := :count + :sum;
end;

The :sum variable is bound to an array of size 1000 in my program (i use the oracle array-interface). My problem is the :count variable: i want it bound to a 'single' host-variable (-> not an array) so when i execute the pl/sql block (oexn(cda, 1000, 0)) oracle processes it a thousand times using a different value for :sum each time but the 'same' value for :count.
Can this be done???

--
Gert Rijs
[Quoted] mailto:gem_at_wirehub.net    (at home)