Re: Finding the LOV-name for an item.

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/10/17

In article <3263A9C3.3BA5_at_boeing.com>, Ken Niedermeyer <Ken.Niedermeyer_at_boeing.com> wrote:
>Is there a way to get the LOV name that has been attributed to an item
>at design time? I would like to dynamicly position the LOV for an item
>to appear under the text item so it will not block the user's view of
>the item. Get_Item_Property does not seem to have this "option".

Ken, while it is not documented, you can use Get_Item_Property('ItmName',LOV_NAME) to return the name of the associated LOV. At least it works in Forms 4.5.6.5.5 (Dev2K 1.2).

Regards,
Steve Cosner

(added comp.databases.oracle to the newsgroups list--we should post to both cdo.tools and the old group for a few more weeks)