Re: aidev Monitoring Plugin v12.1.0.9.0 for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c & 13c - now available

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:27:11 +1100

On 13/11/2017 8:42 _at_wiz, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Beware of Oracle bearing gifts. The possibility of disengaging the cloud
> and migrating the stuff back to the premises must be negotiated in the
> contract. Oracle's business practices are, er...unusual, to put it
> mildly. Fortunately, competition will eventually take care of that. Both
> AWS and Azure have wiped the floor with Oracle cloud offerings. Such
> cautinary tales should motivate people to look at the other cloud
> providers first.

I know. We gave up on their entire cloud nonsense, particularly the IaaS and SaaS offers. Their costing model is the usual shambles (even worse than their licensing rip-off) and if they think they can compete with Azure, Google and other providers, they are soooo dreaming...

> However, this will still not help the DBA guys whose
> jobs are bleeding away to cloud vendors, application vendors and
> outsourcing remote DBA companies. Here is the one for the last Oracle DBA:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOd3tan59BE

Yeah, I wish I had a $ for every time I've heard a jingle or ad about the "last dba" in the last 25 years. Still around, still laughing at all those. But of course, it's just me and I can't see reality... It's all just luck, what can I say?...