Re: Trouble in paradise?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 02:16:43 -0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 18:01:07 -0700, Noons wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 10:54:50 AM UTC+10, Mladen Gogala
> wrote:
>

>> > But of course Lazza continues to sail his boats while yelling
>> > "lah-lah-lah-lah" to anyone alerting him to the situation. Ah well,
>> > good luck.  Couldn't care less anymore...
>>
>> That reminds me of the guy named Ken Olsen. Similar story. And a good
>> lesson for everybody. The mighty have fallen before, and in almost
>> eerily similar way.
>>

> The exit from Oracle by the "cognoscenti" reminds me of rats abandoning
> the sinking ship. Started nearly 3 years ago, and if anything it's
> accelerating at an alarming pace now.
>
> But of course all is well and it's those alerting to the situation that
> are completely wrong.
> No wonder HP and SUN went down the tubes: the same kind were running
> things there...

The strangest one of all is the disappearance of Tom Kyte, who has allegedly "took sabatical" and relinquuished the AskTom site to [Quoted] Connor McDonald. How does one take a sabatical? Does the company pay him to go hiking for a year?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2015/15-sep/last-asktom-2650480.html

[Quoted] I am not sure that any company would be so generous toward anyone, even toward a senior VP. This looks like a hushed departure from Oracle Corp.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer