question about ora_rowscn

From: geos <geos_at_SPAMPRECZ.autograf.pl>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 14:46:27 +0200

[Quoted] suppose that a table X is created and its content is never modified later: no updates, inserts, deletes, merges, nothing. now, there exists some other table Y which is constantly being "bombarded" with DMLs. I would like to see the data from table Y as they were at the moment of creation of table X. I would like to use this select statement:

select * from tableY as of SCN <value of scn>;

is it safe to use as <value of scn> the value:

select min(ora_rowscn) from table X;

as SCN representing the moment of table X creation?

thank you,
geos Received on Fri Jun 03 2016 - 14:46:27 CEST

Original text of this message