Help: restore a table to different point in the past

From: <dshproperty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 06:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Group,

We are using Oracle 11g2. Our database is 2T and restore will about 12 hrs, and we did not turn on Flashback feature.

Recently, i was asked to restore a table for different times in the past(12 different time).

I tried to create a standby database from the old backup without connecting to the live database, hoping that i can do a incomplete recover and open read only, then recover to next time. The standby database creation was successful, but i cannot open it for reading, it complains the system file is not from old enough backup and needs more recover.

Finally i did the restore of database 12 times to fulfill that request.

Is there any better way of doing it?

Thanks very much for your help Received on Fri Apr 22 2016 - 15:18:33 CEST

Original text of this message