Re: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist for v$session.

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:54:39 +0100

On 2016-02-20, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 16:11:15 +0100, Eric wrote:
>
>> Anyway, the solution is already in his message:
>>
>> Have your DBA grant an explicit SELECT privilege on the
>> SYS.V_$SESSION table and see if that works.
>
> Or he can have his DBA grant him the SYSDBA role, which would enable him
> to accomplish his task. And do some other things, too. I wonder what's the
> joke behind this bozos responding to years old messages.

Correct quoting restored, the point being that I didn't say that, I just referred to it. And yes, I might have done that if asked nicely with reasons, except that he would have got permission on a view owned by a special user rather than the real thing.

As for the "joke", it's just one of:

   not paying attention,
or ignorance,
or deliberate trolling.