Re: Update lots of data Problem

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:25:47 -0800 (PST)

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 5:53:53 PM UTC-8, JunYing Chu wrote:
> Now I have a problem when I executed to a batch for updating lots of data(10000 item)
> Exceute time
> ->
> First time:1 min
> Second time:2 min
> Third time:4 min
> fourth time:1 min
> Every Time the updated data are same.But excute time is doubled, then the fourth time's excute time is back of the first time's.
> Is it oracle problem? Have any solution?

Well, to really answer, we'd need the info Mladen asked for. But you might google about for information about delayed block cleanout (perhaps asktom.oracle.com). What I'm postulating is that the first time, it changes a bunch of blocks but doesn't bother to write them out, the second time it has to write them out first and then makes more, same the third time, then the fourth time something the third time did makes it all clean, or perhaps you ran some inquiry between the third and fourth time to clean it up. Google for Jonathan Lewis clean it up to understand clean.

There might also be something about reconstructing blocks from undo, depending on your version, configuration and exactly what is going on.

The solution depends, of course, on the problem, if any.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/e-regulation/oracle-google-ip-law-and-social-media-184102