Re: purging recycle bin

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 12:34:05 AM UTC-7, chris..._at_coveainsurance.co.uk wrote:
> I am working on Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.1.0
> on windows 2012 server
>
> Have just purged recyclebin with 200g of data
> / all objects were under a schema owner that had default schema CLMDATA
>

> Have checked asm disk group clmdata
>
> free space
> CLMDATA 512 4096 1048576 CONNECTED EXTERN 1535985 104318
>

> It stayed the same , I was hoping to see it increase by approx. 200g
>

> Can I expect a long period before my free space reduces as objects within the disk group increase as they should theoretically have 200g to play with or am I getting this wrong?
>
> thanks in advance
> Chris B
>
> PS I have stopped the original cause of objects going into the recyclebin for future issues

You probably want to check the free space in the tablespaces associated with objects owned by CLMDATA.

As CLMDATA:
select unique tablespace_name from user_tables; and do the same for user_indexes.

I suspect there might be pretty pictures for tablespaces in the gui, but I haven't looked at it on 12c yet.

Read the concepts manual to understand how things are stored.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-technical-preview-how-install-oracle-virtualbox