Re: Redgate Video about incremental X-plaform backup

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 00:56:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:33:27 -0700, tanel wrote:

> Interesting double standards, Mladen.
>
> Somehow the words "completely useless" go together with "utmost respect"

There is a minor difference in context which has escaped you: the "completely useless" part refers to the video, while "utmost respect" refers to the particular person. To put it very simply, person != video. Everybody can produce a bad work and it is only fair to call bad work - bad. There is a phrase about calling a spade a spade. If the video is bad, than it's not a sign of disrespect to say so, especially after I have wasted more than an hour of my time to watch it. However, I didn't nominate it for the Razzie, despite the fact that the obvious comparison with "The Interview".

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer