Re: Configuring my machine for Arabic(multi-lingual) in Oracle

From: wE|rd0 <amirediwan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 03:50:58 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, a lot epok for the idea. I figured out from your post that I need to change the character-set of the database.

But on executing the statement, I get the error:-

ALTER DATABASE CHARACTER SET INTERNAL_USE AR8MSWIN1256; QL Error: ORA-12718: operation requires connection as SYS 12718. 00000 - "operation requires connection as SYS"
*Cause: This command can only be run when connecting as SYS
*Action: Connect as SYS to run this command

Since, I dont know the password for sys, I changed the password using the following command:-

alter user sys identified by sys;

The above command executes successfully. But, when I try to connect with username and password sys, it gives me the error:-

ORA-12526, TNS Listener: all appropriate instances are in restricted mode. Received on Sat Jan 31 2015 - 12:50:58 CET

Original text of this message