Java 8

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:49:09 +0000 (UTC)

I have just tried running the new sqldeveloper 4.1 EA1, and it doesn't support Java 7, only Java 8. As I am running many things Java (Simpana, DavMail, WebEx, libreoffice), I am not sure that my apps will continue working properly so I am reluctant to upgrade. How many of you have upgraded to Java 8? Any benefits with respect to speed? Oracle is pushing Java 8 strongly. For instance, there is no OpenJDK 1.7 for Fedora 21. However, the application providers still don't say that their applications are compatible with Java 8. I am worried and will rather remain on SQL Developer 4.0 for another year than break WebEx, which is something I frequently use.
--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer