Re: Oracle 7.3.4 + SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 : Good idea?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 23:31:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:52:04 +0000, Eric wrote:

> Are you perhaps being a bit harsh?

No, I was very mild and polite.

> Antiques of that sort are quite
> likely to be still running somewhere (if it isn't broken...) and if it
> does break they will be desperate and grasp at any straw they can find.

Unfortunately, the straw in this case amounts to spam. If there is a need for such an advice, it would be polite to write an introduction, explaining the response to a decade old post.

> Yes, I know it makes no sense to operate like that, but it still
> happens. Alternatively, they may merely have discovered a need for some
> forensic investigation of an antique system.
>
> Eric

I know it happens. I have seen several Oracle 8i instances still in production, even after the breakup of Pangaea. However, when sending a post to a newsgroup, the audience deserves an explanation. Without an explanation, such post is pure and unadulterated spam and will rightly be treated accordingly.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer