Re: Agile methodologies.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:19:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:17:46 +0100, A. Mehoela wrote:

> I bet is was your subconscious mind playing up, revealing how you really
> felt about this concept.

Actually no. As an immigrant, I've noticed that many people are perfectly willing to give the benefit of the doubt to people with accents, which definitely describes me well, despite the fact that I wrote two books in English language. I am just inclined to occasionally abuse that benefit, to create humorous effects, that's all. If the sense of humour is a sin, I am a sinner. I do accept Larry Ellison as my Lord and Saviour, which will probably save me from the pits of the agile methodology.

As for my opinion of agile methodology, it's quite openly negative, at least when it comes to the DBA projects. Fortunately, I see the agile fad subsiding fast. People are again asking for SDLC and waterfall methodology. There is an old geek platitude that walking on the water and programming according to specifications are easy, as long as both water and specifications are frozen. Agile methodology does away with frozen specifications, with the results that I didn't quite like. On the other hand, I have never been managing a group of development projects, so I don't know whether agile methodology is good from that aspect. Nevertheless, a disproportionally large part of my funniest war stories comes from the places which have implemented agile methodology.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer