Re: MYSQL Error 2013 load infile 15mln rec 6gb CSV

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:22:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:21:00 +1100, Noons wrote:

>> Well CDB/PDB and God knows which incarnation of "in-memory" stuff are a
>> direct consequence of DB2 aggressive pricing.

> Yeah but at the prices Oracle are selling those, they gotta be joking!

They probably are. They had an option called "Total Recall" which didn't sell very well. They included it Oracle 12c for free, as "flashback data archiving". Basically, if nobody buys the option, you get it for free. I have encountered several development/test installations of 12c, not a single one had mult-tenant option activated. One user was even provoked by my inquiring about multi-tenant option and asked me whether I think that he's nuts to pay Oracle $10k/CPU thread when they can simply create multiple databases on their SMP Dell box. He added that machine resources are much cheaper than $10K/CPU thread. If the option doesn't sell well, Oracle will throw it in, for free, just like they did with the "Total Recall". Zis is ze truth, as the hero of the "Total Recall" would say.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer