Re: MYSQL Error 2013 load infile 15mln rec 6gb CSV

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:13:17 +0000

On 2014-10-25, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote: 8>< Pretty much everything snipped...

... because responding to everything point by point is now on the verge of leading to incoherence.

You said that the Postgres developers are idiots because they won't do hints. Then you suggested that it might be due to influence from a commercial fork.

In that case idiotic is probably not the right word. Did you make the suggestion in any of their forums?

I suspect that continuing that discussion would be going round in circles.

However,

> Nice try of changing subject.

An attempt to draw a parallel - obviously wasted.

> The verb "to believe" means to hold some statements to be true, despite
> of not having evidence to prove it.

The verb has a number of dictionary definitions, you are taking an unduly narrow view.

> Open mindedness isn't a virtue in itself,

Yes it is.

> it's a frequently misused word

That something can be misused does not make it inherently bad.

> which was used to justify drug use as a way to achieve an expanded state
> of consciousness. Aldous Huxley has written a novel called "The Doors of
> Perception" about it, after which a legendary rock band was named. Open
> mindedness was a part of a heavy propaganda barrage during the age of so
> called "counter culture".
> The net result of the "open mindedness" was a plague of heroin use which
> has devastated so many families that I consider it a real national
> tragedy.

I was aware of "The Doors of Perception" (the book) and its subject a very long time ago, possibly before you were born, but I wouldn't give it sole or even major blame for even the drug aspect of the 60s counter-culture, and I don't think there is any sort of provably causal chain from them to the current drug abuse situation. That period also had other consequences, many of them good, or at least partially so.

Too much OT, I suspect.

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry