Re: MYSQL Error 2013 load infile 15mln rec 6gb CSV

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:16:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:27:54 +1100, Noons wrote:

> On 25/10/2014 7:16 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>

>> And the idiot I quoted before is trying to make a technical inadequacy,
>> something that PostgreSQL is missing, as opposed to all other major
>> databases, into a phylosophical sticky point.

> Ah, but that is something Postgres shares with Ingres. After all, it
> was Stonebraker-the-genius who said Ingres did not require a rollback or
> an auto-rollback recovery after unexpected shutdown.
> And why I beat the crap out of Ingres on every single pre-sales
> exercise! Thanks heaps, Michael Stonebraker :)

Well, I mentioned evolution. Inadequate products, the ones which do not fulfill the user needs do not get far. Postgres was meant to be the revenge of the Sith (please don't use permutations of the word), postmortem  blow of Ingres which would defeat Oracle by being free of charge. Unfortunately for them, it's a piece of crap, so it can't compete, even at no cost.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer