Re: MYSQL Error 2013 load infile 15mln rec 6gb CSV

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:39:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:19:22 AM UTC+11, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Hints are just a symptom of what is wrong with Postgres. Here is a sample
> of the mentality among the Postgres designers:
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/why-postgresql-doesnt-have-query-hints-44121?rss=1

ROFL! When all else fails, blame the dbas and their "lazyness". They must have learned with Oracle marketing. Not at all surprised they're doing soooooo well! :) hashtagfacepalm...

> That is the reason why I never bothered to learn Exadata.

I never bothered learning it in depth (other than explaining how/why it worked in a blog post long before it was a delivered product). For precisely the same reason I didn't bother learning OAS despite the multiple veiled threats by Oracle marketing that my "career" would suffer as a result:

too narrow a market, for what is at core a vertical market product.

It has its uses. But it's not a panacea or a solve-all by ANY stretch of the imagination. Which in the case of O-marketing was plenty fertile. To the point of trying to flog it to us at any cost even though we have 350+ non-Oracle dbs and around 50 Oracle ones. Yeah, it was such a perfect fit for our environment and needs!... Received on Tue Oct 21 2014 - 06:39:48 CEST

Original text of this message