Oracle Linux available!

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:27:00 +0000 (UTC)

In case someone has missed the announcement:

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/2245947?rssid=rss_ocom_pr

Oracle Linux is available as of the last Wednesday. It includes the OpenStack suite so that suicidally inclined can move their business critical databases to the cloud and use infrastructure as a service (IaaS). By the way, OL7 is not yet supported by Oracle 12c. I haven't downloaded it yet, but my tests with CentOS 7, a twin brother of OL7, show that Oracle 11g installs without problems but Oracle 12.1.0.1 installation fails. I haven't tested 12.1.0.2 yet but it is downloaded and awaiting my free time.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer