Trigger for Disconnected (crashed) Session?

From: Robinson Road <voyager1space_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

we have a process that uses DBMS_PIPES and has to have a constant connection to the database (11.2) from another server.

Certain things will obviously cause that connection to close like a shutdown and someone not remembering to start the connection (though I guess that could be automated) but also other things like a file system filling up on the connecting server or the account locking, etc.

Is there a trigger or something similar that could email if the session isn't present for whatever reason.

I thought at first a logoff trigger but my understanding is that it won't fire if the session crashes.

Thanks,

Ed. Received on Wed Jul 09 2014 - 15:14:40 CEST

Original text of this message