Re: Significant difference in response times for same query running on Windows client vs database server

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:07:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 19:29:58 +1100, Noons wrote:

> On 2/02/2014 4:00 AM, Mark D Powell wrote:
>

>> mjm, you should capture the session that is running from the client and
>> compare the plan in v$sql_plan to what you posted.  Why is the SQL
>> using a First_Rows hint?

> Didn't he just say the plans are the same?:
> ">> In both cases the query plans are the same."

And that eliminates the plan as a possible culprit. We may have to look at the butler, or the network but we need more clues, like the trace file. The execution plan is meaningless, since the problem obviously isn't in the plan. The OP needs to activate the event 10046, level 12, execute the SQL over the network and analyze the resulting trace file. The file itself would probably be too large for posting on this group but the summary by tkprof or orasrp would fit just fine.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer