Re: Significant difference in response times for same query running on Windows client vs database server

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:42:27 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:58:14 PM UTC-8, Noons wrote:
> On Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:15:20 AM UTC+11, mjm..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> > Are there are configuration changes that can be done on the Oracle client or database to improve the response times for the query when it is running from the client?

> I don't think you are after an improvement in response time.
> Rather a marked improvement in total runtime.

I don't think he understands the idea of back-and-forth conversation. https://community.oracle.com/thread/2624056

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus. "...an Oracle database hasn't been broken into in a couple of decades, by anybody. It's so secure, there are people who complain..."
http://www.crn.com/news/applications-os/240165811/oracle-ceo-ellison-says-database-customers-shouldnt-fear-nsa-spying.htm