Re: Virtualization

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:04:36 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:52:12 AM UTC-8, Drazen Kacar wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:

> > > Unless you have a contract with Oracle which says you can patch it for
>
> > > free. Or almost free.
>

> > Or if Larry Ellison is your brother in law. Contracts like that are not
>
> > something I've seen in my meager 25 years of a DBA career. But yes, you
>
> > are perfectly correct: if Oracle allows you to patch for free, without
>
> > paying for support, you can do it.
>

> Oh, come on. If you are a developer company, or an integrator company or
>
> any other kind of company which is actually selling software or services
>
> that require Oracle's database to run, then you're eligible for entry in
>
> Oracle's developer program. I'm not sure how's it called these days.
>

> They charge for it a bit, somewhere around 1000-2000 EUR per year (but
>
> don't quote me on that, I have never been in charge of finances). That
>
> buys you the right for all the patches for all editions and add-ons on an
>
> unlimited number of development instances. It doesn't buy you the right to
>
> log support requests. But patches and knowledge base articles from
>
> Metalink are included.

Sounds like you are talking about the Partners program http://www.oracle.com/partners/campaign/specialized-benefits-036151.htm http://www.oracle.com/partners/campaign/specialized-requirements-1915749.html

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://gigaom.com/2014/01/08/benioff-were-still-an-oracle-but-not-just-an-oracle-shop/