Re: Virtualization

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:32:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 23:17:56 +0000, John D Groenveld wrote:

> In article <slrnlcjnn1.m7s.dave_at_fly.srk.fer.hr>,
> Drazen Kacar <dave_at_fly.srk.fer.hr> wrote:

>>Development databases were for free, the last time I checked. Which was
>>a few years ago, admittedly. Has anything changed in the meantime?

> Not AFAICT.
> <URL:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/standard-
license-152015.html>
> | LICENSE RIGHTS | We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited
> license to use | the programs only for the purpose of developing,
> testing,
> | prototyping and demonstrating your application, and not for any |
> other purpose. If you use the application you develop under this
>
> John groenveld_at_acm.org

I was working for the company which was hit by an additional $250k in license fees because of the development databases. That much for "free development databases". Also, standby instances used to be included into the enterprise license. Now, you have to pay for the instance. I've seen that too.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer