Re: after drop trigger : object neither in dba_objects nor dba_recyclebin

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:24:26 -0400

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:47:30 -0700 (PDT), joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:

>Does it work outside of the trigger? I'm wondering if x is implicitly a numeric counter.

x is a cursor, not a counter, in this code. It contains a pointer to every row (in turn or within the loop) fetched by the query

>I can't remember enough PL to say without seeming silly.
>
>jg

Hi

Yes, this will find the row if executed BEFORE the DROP

>> 5 dbms_output.put_line('Looking for object_id=1508751 in dba_objects');
>>
>> 6 for x in (select owner, object_type, object_name from dba_objects
>>
>> 7 where object_id= 1508751)
>>
>> 8 loop
>>
>> 9 dbms_output.put_line('OBJ ----- ' || x.object_type|| ' '|| x.owner || '.'

>> 10 end loop;

And this will find the row if executed AFTER the DRop (since the table is now moved from DBA_OBJECTS to DBA_RECYCLEBIN)

>> 12 dbms_output.put_line('Looking for purge_object=1508751 in
>>
>> dba_recyclebin');
>>
>> 13 for x in (select owner, type, original_name from dba_recyclebin
>>
>> 14 where purge_object= 1508751)
>>
>> 15 loop
>>
>> 16 dbms_output.put_line('BIN ----- ' || x.type|| ' ' || x.owner || '.' ||
>>
>> x.original_name);
>>
>> 17 end loop;

But what is strange is that INSIDE the trigger the object seems not to be anywhere, which is impossible. Maybe it doesn't show up in any of these 2 views as it in in a different state (not completely moved to the recycle bin but not completely "live" either) but it's got to be somewhere...
That's I would like to find out.

Thanks
Syltrem Received on Thu Oct 03 2013 - 02:24:26 CEST

Original text of this message