Re: Problem connecting to Oracle using SYS/<PASSWD>_at_TNS as SYSDBA

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:24:53 PM UTC-7, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Version 11.2.0.1 (I know it's obsolete, but I'm a consultant)
>
> Platform: Windows 2008R2 64b
>
> Connection using sqlplus / as sysdba works as expected, however
>
> connect sys/<passwd>_at_tns as sysdba just hangs. No error reported. I
>
> didn't have time to investigate today because the client's office was
>
> closing at 5PM. Does anybody have a pointer about the possible cause? I
>
> have never seen that, it looks like a bug.
>
> If anyone has a pointer, I'd be much obliged.
>

> --
>
> Mladen Gogala
>
> The Oracle Whisperer
>
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

audit trail full, listener log full (4G) or just generally very large, bad logon or event trigger, passwd file screwy, network/OS config.

Check alert log, listener log, enable client tracing.

But I'm sure you knew all that (though it's easy to forget about the listener log).

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.softwarelicensingreport.com/articles/350581-how-software-licensing-evolves-oracle-12.htm