Re: Paralelize CONSTRAINT VALIDATION during impdp

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 00:07:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 23:52:46 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 22:10:01 +0200, noreply wrote:
>

>> All of this suppose I am doing a 2-step impdp job, right ?
>>
>> First schemas objects without constraints and then, only constraints
>> but using the novalidate "universal hammer". Is that right ?

> Yup. That's it.

BTW, the phrase "universal hammer" refers to Perl, not to "NOVALIDATE" clause. Perl is an incredibly mighty tool which, in this case, can alleviate the need for using the screen editor on potentially very large text file. There are other tool that can do the same thing, like "sed", but my personal preference is Perl. When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. In this case, the hammer is ultra powerful.
Of course, if something is my personal preference, that must be right for everybody. I am a DBA, after all.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer