Re: [RAC 11gR2] stress tool

From: <noreply_at_maillard.im>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 22:40:15 +0200

Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:06:38 +0200, noreply wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was charged to stress a 3-nodes 11gR2 RAC database last week. I have
>> tried many approaches in order to detect the "breakpoint" but I failed.
>>
>> I never reached this limit and thus, I could not conclude anything about
>> the current setup.
>>
>> This is the first time I try to "benchmark" a 11gR2 RAC database and I
>> must confess, I have no idea how to break it down.
>>
>> What tool could I use to reach the breakpoint ? What method would you
>> use to do so ?
>>
>> The nodes are all like this: HP-UX 11iv3 - 8 cores - 16G RAM. 10Gb
>> interlink (UDP).
>>
>> Thank you very much
>
> Now, that's a simple task: create two tables, in a parent->child
> relationship (foreign key) and update them from all 3 nodes
> simultaneously, doing a mix of inserts, updates and deletes. Make sure
> that all 3 nodes do work on the same blocks. It will break it, no matter
> how powerfull the nodes are.

Ah exact. This is not really what I need in fact ^^. Maybe my english is not good to describe it correctly.

Let my try again.

What I would like to test is the throughput of the system. I need to show how powerfull the system is and how many TPS it can support before it will break.

I agree this is all dependent on the SQL code being written by the developers and this can't be taken as a "proof".

I just need to stress it until it break in a "theorical sense" -i.e placing the environment as if it was the best conditions it could ever face - (a little bit like in an Oracle Lab ;)) and report that number (#user, #tps, ...).

Hope it is clearer :)

Thank you

--
XMA