Re: Oracle 12c Cannot be installed on F18

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 04:18:33 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:11:52 -0700, Justin Mungal wrote:
>

>> Why are you trying to get it to work on F18? Just for fun?

> Because I had 11g there that was no longer needed, as I have 11g on 3
> other virtual machines. However, a new virtual machine with CentOS 6.4
> did the trick.

And now, I have another reason for running Fedora: CentOS doesn't have a version of evolution which supports EWS (Exchange Web Services) which means that would have to use web mail again. I gave CentOS another look, just to see whether I should use it as my basic distro and there are several things missing: perl-5.16 (can be obtained from Activestate), PHP-5.4 (can be built locally) and evolution-ews, which I cannot replace. However, the fact that Fedora is now just a container distro, used for running VirtualBox, opens the field a bit, since I can also use Ubuntu 13.04. Fedora is really starting to get on my nerves with its installer, lack of configuration possibilities (grub2,systemctl) and updates which occasionally sc*w up my X11 system because the kernel updates are released without the accompanying NVIDIA module.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer