MOBI versions of the literature

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 00:46:16 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded the MOBI version of the "Concepts" book (the first book that I ever read for any new version of Oracle) and it doesn't have contents which should pop-up when I push the "content" button on my Kindle. It has a content which is a part of the book and I have to use "follow the link" option which is extremely inconvenient. The existing EPUB versions do have contents which pops up when the button is pressed, but that's checked with the FBReader, since Kindle doesn't support EPUB. When I convert the EPUB to MOBI using Calibre, the content button behaves as expected. This is a sloppy job, Oracle. Kindle versions of the Oracle documentation are useless. Conversion with the Calibre, even on a quad-core AMD, with 16GB of RAM is taking over 1 hour. Unfortunately, Calibre cannot do parallel processing, so having 4 cores doesn't really help me all that much.
--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer