Oracle 12c Cannot be installed on F18

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:51:41 +0000 (UTC)

The installation fails with missing symbols and incorrect syntax for gcc. With CentOS 6.4 there were no problems whatsoever. It seems that Fedora has departed too much from the RH 6.x original to be useful. Interestingly enough, Oracle 11G works without a problem. Fedora 18 is very useful because it has memory compression enabled. That means that if I have 2 OL 6.4 boxes running RAC, the corresponding OS pages will be mapped into memory just once, thus greatly reducing the memory consumption. For now, I will keep Fedora as a container for my VirtualBox farm.
--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer