Re: Beware of Oracle bearing gifts

From: Kay Kanekowski <kay.kanekowski_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mladen,
in Germany we have "Das Leben ist schön, aber teuer, man kann es auch billiger haben, aber dann ist es lange nicht mehr so schön".

"Life is beautiful, but expensive, you can also have cheaper, but it's not nearly as nice."

We're running SAP and SAP is multi-tenancy... That's the reason why every table and allmost every index has the column CLIENT at the first position. But we work only with 1 client per system. Ok, we were able to swith off this feature, but no one did it. And so the optimizer has a lot of additional work to do and sometimes he went wrong. If you ever saw an index access with one column only and this column was the CLIENT you know what i mean.

regards
Kay Received on Tue Jun 25 2013 - 07:27:49 CEST

Original text of this message