Re: Virtual Databases

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:24:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 21 May 2013 11:05:43 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> I think it also matters whether Active Dataguard is being used, and
> whether older licenses are grandfathered. I suspect the latter is why
> Mladen has seen places pass an audit, as you used to be able to run a
> standby and test it for up to ten days a year, or some such thing.

Yes, this was an old license. The release bought was 7.3. Some time has passed since then. I inherited the place when it was running 9i in 2006. I completed the transition to 10G in 2008 and to 11.2.0.2 in 2011. Unfortunately, the transition to 12c shall never happen:

http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/vms-goes-out-of-business_b26431

When was this change introduced?

--
Mladen Gogala