Re: [Beginner]Can't see records in large table

From: Harry Tuttle <SOZRBLNTLEEE_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:03:19 +0200

Guyren Howe, 16.05.2013 08:40:
> After a great deal of faffing about, I *think* I got the dump
> imported. I was days on this because it would seem to sort of work
> maybe, but I got a lot of errors. It seems that Oracle won't actually
> expand a database past 32GB until you manually create extra files for
> the tablespace,

To be precise: _smallfile_ tablespace files will not expand beyond 32GB.

You can create a so called "BIGFILE" tablespace which can then grow to 128TB

> My current problem (this last week has been a litany of such
> confusions) is that when I query against any of the top half dozen
> tables from this query, I get no rows.

Do you get any errors? Or simply "no rows found"?

Do those tables have row estimates in "DBA_ALL_TABLES"?

You can check this using:

   select owner, table_name, num_rows, blocks    from dba_all_tables;

(maybe limit that to the owners you are interested in).

> The tables involved are owned by a variety of users (I understand
> that rather than separate databases, I use user accounts as some sort
> of proxy for separate databases -- is that right?), but I am querying
> them from an account for which I did:
>
> grant dba to <user> with admin option

I'm not sure if DBA actually includes the "SELECT ANY TABLE" privilege. Try granting that explicitely.    Received on Thu May 16 2013 - 09:03:19 CEST

Original text of this message