Re: seeding code into awr in 11g r2

From: <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 00:04:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, May 13, 2013 9:17:56 AM UTC-5, chris..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk wrote:
> I was told last week that there was a method of ensuring ( via stored procedure ) that a specific sql_id can be seeded into awr.
>

> Have scanned documentation without success so far
>

> Please advise if this is possible
>

> regards
>
> Chris B

Why do you want to do that? I'm just wondering if you're confusing the AWR repository with the SQL Management Base that is used by SQL plan baselines.

Anyway, you can change snapshot settings, including SQL retention, with DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY.MODIFY_SNAPSHOT_SETTINGS. Not that I'd suggest this, but you can even configure snapshots to capture all SQL in the SQL area.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10821/autostat.htm#i37982 Received on Wed May 15 2013 - 09:04:39 CEST

Original text of this message