Re: Certain dynamic sql statements make stored procedures "forget" transaction?

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:38:23 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, makes sense.

This will be for auditing purposes eventually - the insert will be of a log record in an audit table if a user ran any procedure and changed anything in the database.
Armed with your advice, I know now to insert the audit table record just before the execute statement and to limit myself to just one execute per procedue, and as the last entry in the procedure. Then either: (A) the execute statement fails and the audit record is rolled back (and user changed nothing) or (B) the next execute statement was successful (changed the database) and the audit record is committed. In this way audit log records represent actual database changes (which is my requirement) - syntax errors etc are omitted. Received on Wed May 15 2013 - 06:38:23 CEST

Original text of this message