Re: deinstallation of patch question

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:02:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 02:25:30 -0700, chris.brown wrote:

> Environment 11.2.0.3 enterprise on windows 2008 r2
>
> Here is what happened
>
> * backed up oracle home
>
> * applied patch 13 ( january )
>
> * applied patch 17
>
> I know I should have backed up oracle home before applying patch 17 !!!
>
> to rollback i plan to
>
> * run patch 17 rollback script followed by patch 13 rollback script
>
> * opatch rollback -id 14828076 << for patch 13
>

> I would like any feedback on
>
> 1) Does the strategy seem ok?
> 2) Will the opatch rollback command allow me to point to my original
> copy of oracle binaries...if not how does opatch rollback locate a
> source for rollback?
>
> thanks in advance Chris B

Chris, at the first glance, it looks OK. Make sure that the database instance and listener are down during the opatch execution. You may want to enlist the help of Oracle support, rather than the help of Usenet. After all, that's what your company is paying support for.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer