Re: Big Announcement

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:09:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:50:25 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:09:00 PM UTC-4, Mladen Gogala wrote:

>> I expected 12c to be announced today and they have announced the worlds
>> fastest CPU after P7. I must say that I'm a bit disappointed. -- Mladen
>> Gogala The Oracle Whisperer http://mgogala.byethost5.com

> World's faster cpu based on internal mostly unpublished, unaudited by
> third party tests so we have yet to see how fast the T5 really is.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

My personal experience tells me that a big IBM machine can wipe the floor with pretty much anything else on the market. That includes SUN. By the way, NUMA architecture holds a great promise as far as fault tolerance, reliability and performance are concerned. That can replace some other, much more old fashioned mechanisms, based on shared disk and locking over the network connection. Why would want to do that, when you have a machine that can scale up to 1024 CPU slots and is comprised of lego-like elements, a failure which can be survived by the system as a whole?

http://www.sgi.com/pdfs/4227.pdf

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer