Re: so where is 11.2.0.4 ?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 8:18 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:39:47 -0700, John Hurley wrote:
> > If I remember correctly Mladen thought that 11.2.0.4 would be out at OOW
> > 2012 ( before or just after ) ... I was more conservative and was
> > thinking 11.2.0.4 would be around Jan 1st 2013.
>
> > Looks like we both missed the boat by a fair margin eh?
>
> > Any more wild guesses from the peanut gallery?
>
> Well, Larry has promised 12c for late December 2012 or January 2013. If
> I'm not mistaken, April 2013 is the next week. If you want something
> funny, go to Amazon.com and enter "oracle database 12c" as the search
> term for books. Look at the dates for which the books are announced.
> I commented that on my blog.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> The Oracle Whispererhttp://mgogala.byethost5.com

Jeez, who is that JnJStore with the hundreds of dollars pricing on stuff not released yet?

Regarding the consolidation remark on your blog - I have the same feeling when I see such claims on new software, but at least some people do reasonable testing of concepts and one probably ought to reserve judgement until one sees what they actually say. Some people have deserved bad reputations, some don't. You have something against people who work for Enkitek?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"An article like this should be un-printed from TechCrunch."