Blob compare

From: Cliff <rcbuetikofer_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 17:22:30 -0500

Hi,

It's been years since I've posted but I'm really stumped on this one. I have an Oracle BLOB column in a table with about 4.3 million rows. I have a parent table which links to the 'image table' in a one to many relation.

Parent_tab		image_tab
PK column		link_id
link_id		 	Blob (containing pdf file)

I'm thinking of using 2 cursors in PL/SQL looping though the parent_tab  and then comparing all of the associated blobs to each other. (I think it's dbms_lob.compare or something like that )

Is this a logical way to go ? I'm nervous about starting down the PL/SQL path ( as I'm very rusty) and then find that is the wrong tool.

TIA,
Cliff Received on Tue Mar 05 2013 - 23:22:30 CET

Original text of this message