Re: The Revenge of the Geeks

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 14:09:51 -0800

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:12:39 -0500, Arne Vajhøj <arne_at_vajhoej.dk> wrote:

[snip]

>By the judgement of the author or by the judgement of
>neutral judges??

     Who cares about neutral judges? How about someone with some skin in?

     I maintain an in-house client billing app that has a form for handling invoicing. There are 34 buttons for various general functions that one might want to do and for each work order being presented, there are two or three (depends on circumstances) more buttons. This is the sort of design that could get submitted to the Interface Hall of Shame.

     However, and this is a big however, it makes invoicing fairly easy. The owner of the company suggested the general approach. I made it work. He uses it for invoicing, and when I was working Down There, I was doing invoicing with it as well. It works and works well.

     But a neutral judge might choke on the buttons.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Mon Feb 04 2013 - 23:09:51 CET

Original text of this message