Re: OT ... looking for speakers for Great Lakes Oracle Conference

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:20:55 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 1, 3:45 pm, John Hurley <johnthehur..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Joel:
>
> # Howard The Duck was trapped in a world he never made, named
> Cleveland.
>
> Sorry man you still lost me.
>
> The conference is the important part ... Great Lakes Oracle Conference
> is still accepting abstracts for speakers.
>
> Maybe this is some bizarro parallel universe but not understanding
> your Howard reference.  A book? A movie?  Not into the number 42
> references etc ... good science fiction starts with Ringworld ... just
> my opinion ...

It was a fantastic series of comic books, and one of the worst movies ever made (the butt of jokes on various comedy shows). When I painted my parent's swimming pool during a summer after college, I painted the logo on the bottom. So you'd go off the diving board right into his cartoon hand. (I have zero artistic ability, but my stepbrother was very talented, he drew, I "inked.") Logo is upper left corner here: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Dr%20Bong%203.jpg I think I posted that on hjr's site when he allowed pictures.

My mother was from Cleveland, I still have relatives there I've never met.

And painting a swimming pool during a SoCal summer gives the best tan _ever_. Now one of my meds makes me a vampire. Sigh.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/01/oracle_loses_hp_itanium_appeal/