Re: The Revenge of the Geeks

From: Arne Vajhøj <arne_at_vajhoej.dk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:34:14 -0500

On 1/26/2013 2:22 PM, BGB wrote:
> dunno about an app working in a browser, I haven't personally really
> looked much into this. the one thing I had noted which I felt might make
> this worthwhile was "Google Native Client", but given it is Chrome-only
> at this point, this is a drawback (better if Firefox supported it, but
> the FF people apparently oppose it).
>
> Adobe Flash sometimes seemed like a possible option, but isn't
> particularly compelling, and the development environment apparently
> costs money.

Java applet, Flash, SilverLight, Google Native, JavaScript - there are plenty of options.

The Adobe GUI development tools cost money.

But you can actually develop MXML and AS with any editor/IDE and you can build with ant and the Flex SDK.

Arne Received on Sat Jan 26 2013 - 22:34:14 CET

Original text of this message