Re: The Revenge of the Geeks

From: Arne Vajhøj <arne_at_vajhoej.dk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:29:30 -0500

On 1/22/2013 9:55 AM, Melzzzzz wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:41:45 -0800, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>> Oracle has getting a lot of attacks.
>>
>> "A close look at how Oracle installs deceptive software with Java
>> updates"
>>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/a-close-look-at-how-oracle-installs-deceptive-
> software-with-java-updates-7000010038/?s_cid=e539
>>
>> I can fathom how a software like Java could end up in the hands of a
>> company like Oracle...
>
> You meen this only hits Windows, as on Linux OpenJDK is installed usuall
> way ? ;)

Obviously Oracle's business practice only applies to their Java implementations.

They could put it in Oracle Java for Linux if they wanted to (I don't know if they actually have so).

But IBM Java for Linux, OpenJDK for Linux, GCJ etc. are not under Oracles control (they do have some heavy influence on OpenJDK, but ...).

Arne Received on Wed Jan 23 2013 - 04:29:30 CET

Original text of this message