Re: anyone else have anything blow up from 2013?

From: Kay Kanekowski <kay.kanekowski_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:42:45 +0100

Hi John,
years ago we develop a programm that mirrors our old legacy system from IMS to oracle. In 1999 we have to convert all date fields from 6 to 8 digits. But the dates are implement as a number field. And the content isn't consistent, not even today. And we mirror this pic(8) field into a number(8) field in oracle. So the sql*loader can read them all. But it reads them all, so we have persons in our databases that have been born in the 6th or 7th century ;-) But it works. I look forward to our SAP project that started in 2001 to make the IMS obsolet.

regards
Kay Received on Tue Jan 15 2013 - 17:42:45 CET

Original text of this message