anyone else have anything blow up from 2013?

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:28:50 -0800 (PST)

Minor small application had a table with a DATE column but using it ( via views to cobol ... obviously cobol cannot deal with Oracle DATE column types ) as CHAR(6) field and thinking of it as YYYYMM ...

Oracle had triggers on views viewing the field as RRMMDD and doing some translation back and forth ( TO_DATE and TO_CHAR obviously along with NVL and defaults ).

It all worked ( feeding in data like '201212' and '200907' and getting back same data until we rolled into 2013.

App blew up feeding in 201301 ( year 2020 month 13 day 01 ) ... looking at quick change back to CHAR(6) from DATE column definition.

No thanks but I had no hand in designing it ... just a time bomb waiting for a 13 Month ... Received on Tue Jan 15 2013 - 00:28:50 CET

Original text of this message