Re: Pain with heterogenous services (DG4ODBC)

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:09:03 +0000

On 2013-01-08, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:37:14 +0000, Eric wrote:
>
>> On 2013-01-07, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm still on 5.1.22
>>
>> Sigh! Thats where I started. So long ago.
>>
>> Eric
>
> I actually started on the version 4, on MS-DOS 3.3. What is today known as
> SQL*Plus, used to be known as UFI (User Fiendish Interface)

Ah yes. They replaced it with the Advanced Friendly Interface, which, I think, only saw the light of day as SQL*Plus. I wonder what they could have called the next one if they had wanted to keep the original theme.

> there were SQL*Forms 1.0 included. The form was written in a text editor
> and then generated with IAG. IAD (Designer) did not exist yet.

And we kept right on editing - get the outline of the form in Designer, then fine-tune in a text editor. You can still do that with Apex if you really want.

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry