Re: A potential bug (infinite loop) in Oracle: querying v$access

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 20:03:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 09:40:36 -0800, joel garry wrote:

> Well, I guess you won't see this,

No such luck. Big Mladen is watching you. Just kidding. I have spot checked few posters on this group and figured out that my net is too broad. I have since removed Google groups from my filter and limited filtering to "after the fact" mode.

> but the problem with all those is they
> are clients. It's like saying "Don't use any server based stored
> procedures, you must put all your oracle programs on a fat client."
> Sounds silly when you put it that way, eh?

Yes, but the analogy is false. It is false because with Oracle server, the purpose of putting things into the database is faster development and better performance. The purpose of using a fat NNTP client is the functionality which I don't have with web clients like Google groups. The functionality that I am talking about is, of course, filtering. You cannot filter out articles with the Google Groups interface. You can with all of the fat clients I listed. Last but not least, I wish you a happy New Year.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer