Re: A potential bug (infinite loop) in Oracle: querying v$access

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:36:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:02:28 -0800, John Hurley wrote:

> # Thank you, I know all the risks... but I can't disclose those
> reasons...
>
> Often means someone in financial or IT management decided to stop paying
> oracle maintenance.
>
> Saves a bunch of money for sure ... but hard to move onward / upward.
>
> Sometimes means a company was purchased by someone else and no one wants
> to touch any of the current "working" systems.

John, you just broke my filter. I've blocked all of the posts being sent from the Google groups and when I checked what was caught in the net, your post was there.
Can you use a normal NNTP client like forte, T-Bird or Pan? I can wholeheartedly recommend Pan (http://pan.rebelbase.com/) which works on OSX, Windows and Linux. On Android tablets, there is Groundhog. Anything but Google groups and web interface, pleaaseeeee!

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer